MVP.Xml invalid Char Exception.

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum, XPathmania
Feb 9, 2010 at 12:19 PM

hi,

I had windows service application in C# that convert the one Xml to another Xml/txt format. I am using MVP.Xml for that,

when i ran this on XP, windows Server2003(64Bit) it works fine but, when trying to convert the Xml in Windows7 i, it failed to parse the formfeed char

System.Xml.XmlException: ' ', hexadecimal value 0x0C, is an invalid character at line....

when loading xslt.Load(strXSLFile);.

in  my Xsl file i have these line:

<xsl:variable name="NEWLINE" select="'&#x0D;&#x0A;'"/>
<xsl:variable name="NEWPAGE" select="'&#x0C;'"/>

<xsl:variable name="NEWLINE" select="'&#x0D;&#x0A;'"/>

<xsl:variable name="NEWPAGE" select="'&#x0C;'"/>

error at second line for NEWPAGE but the same xsl works for Xp, WindowsServer2003.

is any one have any solution to that.

Thanks&regards

San33

Coordinator
Feb 9, 2010 at 2:17 PM
is it the same .NET version in both?

/kzu

--
Daniel Cazzulino | Developer Lead | XML MVP | Clarius Consulting | +1 425.329.3471

On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 08:19, san33 <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

hi,

I had windows service application in C# that convert the one Xml to another Xml/txt format. I am using MVP.Xml for that,

when i ran this on XP, windows Server2003(64Bit) it works fine but, when trying to convert the Xml in Windows7 i, it failed to parse the formfeed char

System.Xml.XmlException: ' ', hexadecimal value 0x0C, is an invalid character at line....

when loading xslt.Load(strXSLFile);.

in  my Xsl file i have these line:

<xsl:variable name="NEWLINE" select="' '"/>
<xsl:variable name="NEWPAGE" select="' '"/>

<xsl:variable name="NEWLINE" select="' '"/>

<xsl:variable name="NEWPAGE" select="' '"/>

error at second line for NEWPAGE but the same xsl works for Xp, WindowsServer2003.

is any one have any solution to that.

Thanks®ards

San33

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (MVPXML@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email MVPXML@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Feb 10, 2010 at 3:31 AM

hi,

My Application is Compiled with .netFramework2.0,

but i have  .netFramework3.5 also on both machine.

Thanks&regards

San33