Is this project still active?

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Jul 20, 2010 at 2:46 PM
Edited Jul 20, 2010 at 2:50 PM

Hi Folks,

I am a relative newcomer to the Xml field in my travels, I came across this project which seems promising.

I have some issues which are causing me confusion.

With a clean download of the source code for the project the unit test suites fail, I ended up setting the Ignore attribute in a number of tests to get them to pass. I noticed a question on the forum in relation to this matter but it  was never answered. Should all the tests pass. I have listed all the Tests I set to ignore below.

Testing started:

RandomSequenceTest has ignored:
HasSameNodeTest has ignored:
DecodeUriTest has ignored:
EncodeUriTest has ignored:
DayAbbreviationTest has ignored:
DayNameTest has ignored:
MonthAbbreviationTest has ignored:
MonthNameTest has ignored:
CharMapTest has ignored:
CharMapTest2 has ignored:
CharMapTest3 has ignored:
CharMapTest4 has ignored:
CharMapTest6 has ignored:
SubtreeSpeed has ignored:
Passed : 376, Failed : 0, Ignored : 14
Duration : 22.3681114941239

I tried to debug but I could not work out why the tests fail and I am not able to offer a fix. Perhaps these tests are old and need to be excluded.

Another issue I came into concerns compatibility with .net 4.0. If I retarget the source projects to .net 4.0 I get the following errors

------ Build started: Project: Mvp.Xml.Tests.VSTS, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------
MVPXML-64156\Library\Main\UnitTests\ExsltTest\ExsltUnitTests.cs(37,13): warning CS0618: 'Mvp.Xml.Exslt.ExsltTransform' is obsolete: 'This class has been deprecated. Please use Mvp.Xml.Common.Xsl.MvpXslTransform instead.'
MVPXML-64156\Library\Main\UnitTests\ExsltTest\ExsltUnitTests.cs(37,40): warning CS0618: 'Mvp.Xml.Exslt.ExsltTransform' is obsolete: 'This class has been deprecated. Please use Mvp.Xml.Common.Xsl.MvpXslTransform instead.'
MVPXML-64156\Library\Main\UnitTests\XInclude\XIncludeReaderTests.cs(84,13): warning CS0618: 'System.Xml.XmlReaderSettings.ProhibitDtd' is obsolete: 'Use XmlReaderSettings.DtdProcessing property instead.'
MVPXML-64156\Library\Main\UnitTests\XInclude\XIncludeReaderTests.cs(510,13): warning CS0618: 'System.Xml.XmlReaderSettings.ProhibitDtd' is obsolete: 'Use XmlReaderSettings.DtdProcessing property instead.'
MVPXML-64156\Library\Main\UnitTests\Common\XslReaderTests\XslReaderTests.cs(39,13): warning CS0618: 'System.Xml.XmlReaderSettings.ProhibitDtd' is obsolete: 'Use XmlReaderSettings.DtdProcessing property instead.'
MVPXML-64156\Library\Main\UnitTests\XPointer\XPointerReaderTests.cs(37,13): warning CS0618: 'System.Xml.XmlReaderSettings.ProhibitDtd' is obsolete: 'Use XmlReaderSettings.DtdProcessing property instead.'
MVPXML-64156\Library\Main\UnitTests\ExsltTest\ExsltTest.cs(25,17): warning CS0618: 'Mvp.Xml.Exslt.ExsltTransform' is obsolete: 'This class has been deprecated. Please use Mvp.Xml.Common.Xsl.MvpXslTransform instead.'
MVPXML-64156\Library\Main\UnitTests\ExsltTest\ExsltTest.cs(25,43): warning CS0618: 'Mvp.Xml.Exslt.ExsltTransform' is obsolete: 'This class has been deprecated. Please use Mvp.Xml.Common.Xsl.MvpXslTransform instead.'
MVPXML-64156\Library\Main\UnitTests\Common\XmlFragments\Tests.cs(28,42): warning CS0618: 'Mvp.Xml.Common.XmlFragmentStream' is obsolete: 'Use XmlFragmentReader instead.'
MVPXML-64156\Library\Main\UnitTests\Common\XmlFragments\Tests.cs(38,42): warning CS0618: 'Mvp.Xml.Common.XmlFragmentStream' is obsolete: 'Use XmlFragmentReader instead.'
MVPXML-64156\Library\Main\UnitTests\Common\XmlFragments\Tests.cs(50,42): warning CS0618: 'Mvp.Xml.Common.XmlFragmentStream' is obsolete: 'Use XmlFragmentReader instead.'
MVPXML-64156\Library\Main\UnitTests\Common\MvpXslTransformTests\MvpXslTransformTests.cs(95,13): warning CS0618: 'System.Xml.XmlReaderSettings.ProhibitDtd' is obsolete: 'Use XmlReaderSettings.DtdProcessing property instead.'

I also had to target the full .net Framework (not the client only) since there are references to System.Web which is not included in the client profile.

I noticed that the last update was in  2007 and this is perhaps one reason why I have experienced the problems I have. It would be great to think that these issues may have a chance of being solved in future.

I appreciate that all the Xml experts are busy and may not have time for such matters, nevertheless I felt it appropriate to bring to light the fact that I have experienced them and do not feel I know how to resolve them and offer a fix.

If anyone is able to offer a solution I for one would very much appreciate your efforts, and I am sure I would not be alone.

Best wishes

Austin

Jul 20, 2010 at 2:48 PM
Sorry folks, on submission of my discussion, it seems CodePlex has stripped all of the paragraph formatting from my post which makes it virtually impossible to read!
Jul 20, 2010 at 2:51 PM

I was using Firefox to make my original submission, I edited the original post in IE and now everything seems to be able to be read!

Coordinator
Jul 20, 2010 at 9:42 PM

I never tested it with .NET 4.0, but I think it's safe to ignore the warnings.

Anyway, this is not really a supported project anymore. All devs moved out. But it's open source, you are on your own.